Wellmont announces public blood drive locations11:11 am | September 25, 2013
Wellmont Health System’s Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
* Monday, Sept. 30, 8:30-11:30 a.m., Bristol Metals, Bristol
* Tuesday, Oct. 1, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Volunteer High School, Church Hill
* Wednesday, Oct. 2, 8 a.m.-1 p.m., CenturyLink, Sixth Street, Bristol
* Wednesday, Oct. 2, 4-8 p.m., First Baptist Church, Kingsport
* Thursday, Oct. 3, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., Northeast State Community College, Blountville
* Thursday, Oct. 3, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Wise, Va.
* Friday, Oct. 4, 8:30-10:30 a.m., Settlers Life Insurance, Bristol, Va.
* Friday, Oct. 4, noon-4 p.m., Line Power Manufacturing, Bristol, Va.
* Friday, Oct. 4, 1-4 p.m., Friendship Ford, Bristol
* Saturday, Oct. 5, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Julia Davis Collection Center, Kingsport
For more than 60 years, Marsh Regional has supplied blood to healthcare facilities in Northeast Tennessee and Southwest Virginia. As many as three lives may be saved each time a person donates blood, and all donations stay local to help people in this region.
Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at Marsh Regional’s collection centers: 102 E. Ravine Road, Kingsport and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 224-5888 or visit www.marshblood.com