Knoxville utility worker electrocuted in accident9:21 am | January 2, 2013
KNOXVILLE (AP) — A contract worker for the Knoxville Utilities Board has died after receiving an electrical shock.
According to The Knoxville News Sentinel, the man worked for W&O Construction Company of Livingston. Knoxville police said the man was standing under electrical wires at a water treatment plant near the University of Tennessee campus when he was hit by a bolt of electricity. Police did not release the victim’s name after the Monday afternoon incident because not all of the man’s relatives had yet been told.
A crane with a line dangling from it was near the overhead wires, but police did not immediately say how the man received the shock.
The Tennessee Occupational Safety and Health Administration will investigate the death.