Gas leak forces EHS evacuation

10:06 am | November 16, 2012

Students and staff were evacuated from Elizabethton High School Thursday morning after a natural gas leak.

Elizabethton Fire Department Capt. Todd Montgomery said the agency was called to the school at 8:30 a.m. on the report of a gas leak. As a precaution, he said, students and staff from the entire school were evacuated until firefighters could find the source of the leak.

Firefighters determined the leak occurred in the school’s culinary arts room.

Elizabethton Star back open navigation

Switch to our desktop site