November 16th , 2012 10:06 am Leave a comment

Gas leak forces EHS evacuation

By

Students and staff were evacuated from Elizabethton High School Thursday morning after a natural gas leak.

Elizabethton Fire Department Capt. Todd Montgomery said the agency was called to the school at 8:30 a.m. on the report of a gas leak. As a precaution, he said, students and staff from the entire school were evacuated until firefighters could find the source of the leak.

Firefighters determined the leak occurred in the school’s culinary arts room.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>

share Facebook Twitter

Switch to our mobile site