Fire destroys Stoney Creek home

9:41 am | October 31, 2012

Investigators say a fire which destroyed a Stoney Creek mobile home on Tuesday morning appears to have started at an electrical furnace.

Photo by Brandon Hicks
Fire destroyed a Stoney Creek residence Tuesday morning at 155 Rainbow Circle. Firefighters
from several local departments responded to the blaze.

Firefighters from multiple agencies responded to 155 Rainbow Circle, off Highway 91, on Tuesday at 8:28 a.m. on the report of a fully involved structure fire. Carter County Sheriff’s Department Deputy James Stevens said he was called to the fire and first spoke to Phillip Bradley Jr., who said he was asleep inside the residence and was awakened by Johnny Berry, who resides at the home. Berry told Bradley the house was on fire and everyone exited, moving to a safe location outside of the residence.

Berry told the deputy he was sleeping on the couch when he woke up coughing and noticed the house was full of smoke. He then went through the house to alarm Bradley and Christopher Erickson, who were sleeping in other rooms in the residence. The three men escaped without injury, the deputy said.

Investigator Larry Vaughn also went to the residence. “It appears to have started at an electrical furnace in the residence,” Vaughn said.

Elizabethton Star back open navigation

Switch to our desktop site